“Monks, for one whose awareness-release through goodwill is cultivated, developed, pursued, given a means of transport, given a grounding, steadied, consolidated, and well-undertaken, eleven benefits can be expected. Which eleven?
- “One sleeps easily,
- wakes easily,
- dreams no evil dreams.
- One is dear to human beings,
- dear to non-human beings.
- The devas protect one.
- Neither fire, poison, nor weapons can touch one.
- One’s mind gains concentration quickly.
- One’s complexion is bright.
- One dies unconfused
- and—if penetrating no higher—is headed for a Brahmā world.
“These are the eleven benefits that can be expected for one whose awareness-release through goodwill is cultivated, developed, pursued, handed the reins, taken as a basis, steadied, consolidated, and well-undertaken.”
Read this translation of Aṅguttara Nikāya 11.16 Mettā Sutta. Goodwill by Bhikkhu Ṭhanissaro on DhammaTalks.org.