There Sāriputta addressed the mendicants: “Reverends, a mendicant who wants to accuse another should first establish five things in themselves.
- I will speak at the right time, not at the wrong time.
- I will speak truthfully, not falsely.
- I will speak gently, not harshly.
- I will speak beneficially, not harmfully.
- I will speak lovingly, not from secret hate.
A mendicant who wants to accuse another should first establish these five things in themselves.…
Read the entire translation of Aṅguttara Nikāya 5.167 Codanāsutta: Accusation by Bhikkhu Sujato on SuttaCentral.net. Or read a different translation on SuttaCentral.net. Or listen on Voice.SuttaCentral.net. Or explore the Pali on DigitalPaliReader.online.